Hurricane Irma –
Food Replacement Benefits for SNAP Recipients
In the wake of Hurricane Irma, Step Up would like SNAP recipients to know that there may be additional benefits available to assist those who lost food during Irma-related power outages. Individuals wishing to request this assistance need to fill out and submit DFCS Form 841.
This form may be submitted by going to the DFCS building (761 Wheaton St, Savannah, GA 31401) or Step Up or one of our SNAP partners can be of assistance. If you would like assistance from Step Up Savannah, please do ONE of the following after downloading Form 841 by clicking here and completing:
- Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Fax the completed form to: 912-401-0341
If you do not have access to a printer and need to complete the from in person you may come to the Step Up office at 428 Bull Street, Suite 208; M-F between 9:00 AM-4:30 PM or one of our partner locations found by clicking here.
- These benefits are only for current SNAP recipients who lost power for more than 4 hours and lost food as a result of the power outage. You will not need to verify the power outage – DFCS will verify this information.
- This is time sensitive and needs to be completed within 10 days of the event.
- You need to include your client ID number (found on EBT card) or the last 4 digits of your SSN and DOB if you don’t have your client ID number (client ID number is best).
More info: https://dfcs.georgia.gov/food-stamp-benefits-replacement or call Step Up Savannah at 912-232-6747