AmeriCorps VISTA Program
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring their passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions.
Step Up acts as an intermediary for AmeriCorps VISTA, and brings in 10 new VISTA members each year to help build capacity at some of our partner agencies, for a minimal investment on the partner agency’s part.
AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Become a VISTA! Apply for open positions by clicking on the links below:
If you are an organization and are interested in becoming a full-time host site for an AmeriCorps VISTA, you may review the RFP below. If you would like to be notified when we are accepting applications, please complete this form.
Summer AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Summer VISTA commit to serving FT with an agency for 8 weeks (June 4- July 29) and receive a stipend of $1,026 per month. In addition, at the completion of service, VISTAs can choose between and an additional stipend of $276 or an education award of $1252. (Education awards can be used to pay for student loans or new tuition.) This is a great opportunity for college students (or anyone else!) to gain valuable experience working with youth and make a difference at the same time.
Visit back next year to see if there are summer VISTA positions open again.
Step Up Savannah AmeriCorps VISTA Project Impact
(May 2016-May 2017)
- During the last project year, Step Up hosted 7 AmeriCorps VISTA members.
- VISTA served at: Step Up, Georgia Legal Services Program, Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Savannah, Wesley Community Center, Forsyth Farmers’ Market, Chatham Emergency Management Agency
- New sites this project year: Lutheran Services of Georgia, Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council
- Chatham Emergency Management Agency is hosting its first VISTA in response to Hurricane Matthew. This position is funded by a grant from the Wal-Mart Foundation.
During the last project year, VISTA’s helped to:
- Recruit over 300 community volunteers
- volunteers performed over 6600 hours of service
- Manage over 200 community volunteers
- volunteers performed over 6900 hours of service
- Secure over $272,000 in cash resources and $11,700 in “in-kind” resources
- Connect over 3700 Savannah/Chatham residents to financial education opportunities
- Enable agencies to serve over 11,000 residents with asset building services
- Support host agencies in assisting 111 individuals to complete job training programs
- Connect 305 new EBT customers to local food through the Forsyth Farmers’ Market
- Present disaster preparedness training to 25 individuals through CEMA (that VISTA position began May 2017)
- Support Wesley Community Center in helping 88 children to complete early childhood programs
For more information contact Tatiana Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-232-6747.