Spend the 2018 election cycle running Savannah Votes, a grassroots voter engagement and registration drive! This program will challenge you to grow as an individual, leader and community organizer as you amplify the voices of underrepresented communities throughout Chatham County, Georgia.
Step Up Savannah is seeking a Voter Engagement Coordinator to manage our grassroots voter registration campaign, recruit and train volunteers, and general outreach in Savannah and Chatham County.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Voter Engagement Coordinator will execute Savannah Votes including, but not limited to:
- Manage organizing efforts with Step Up Savannah’s Neighborhood Leadership Academy Alumni group, Resident Team, and volunteers
- Oversee the day-to-day management of voter registration volunteers in preparation for the 2018 election cycle
- Coordinate with local and statewide partners to establish a Savannah Votes schedule of events
- Work with statewide partner to oversee the implementation of quality control measures
As the Voter Engagement Coordinator, you won’t be tied to a desk for 20 hours a week. You will meet people from diverse backgrounds as you seek to be a change agent at the grassroots level.
Knowledge & Skills
We are seeking a candidate with leadership skills who is excited to help lead a pilot voter registration program in Savannah.
Other skills we are looking for include:
- Proven & highly effective organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Strong track record of setting and meeting goals
- Ability to network and build strategic relationships
- Efficient in meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability in working in diverse and underrepresented communities
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours and weekends
- Willingness to work until all tasks are complete
Strong applicants will...
- Understand and be committed to the mission of Step Up Savannah
- Highly organized and productive
- Creative, results-orientated self-starter who can work independently with limited direct day-to-day supervision
- Experience with grassroots organizing or political or agency campaign experience
- Prepared to travel county-wide with your own vehicle – mileage will be reimbursed
- Fluency in Spanish a plus!
Salary commensurate with experience – up to $17.00/hour
This is a temporary, part-time (up to 30 hours a week) role that spans April 1 – October 8, 2018.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, three professional references and a writing sample
Attn: Jen Singeisen, Executive Director
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 7, 2018 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Step Up Savannah is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, and disability.
Step Up Savannah engages all sectors of the community to improve the economic mobility and financial stability of families in Savannah and Chatham County.