Step Up Savannah’s Neighborhood Leadership Academy (NLA) Alumni has launched a Voter Education/Registration project for 2018. NLA alumni and other interested community members received training at a kick-off event that took place on January 17, 2018.
Following are some of the goals of this effort which will culminate with the election on November 6, 2018
- to form a cadre of volunteers who are knowledgeable about voter rights and who are trained to recognize and report any voter suppression efforts
- to educate non-registered citizens about the importance of voting in primaries and the general election
- to register citizens to vote at various locations and events throughout 2018
- to encourage persons to become poll workers and watchers during the primaries and general election
- to work with a Get-Out-The-Vote campaign prior to and on election days
Register for our All Day Training on March 24th
Unable to attend but want to join our efforts? Fill out the form below.